Port Alberni Gymnastics Academy (PAGA) is a non-profit organization run by a volunteer Board of Directors. PAGA acknowledges the financial support of the Government of British Columbia.
All parents/guardians and participants registered in PAGA programs are members of our society. As members we value your input and invite you to attend our meetings.
“We acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia”
- To provide a fun gymnastics program for girls/boys 3 years of age and up which will promote both physical and mental fitness.
- To develop a positive environment to aid gymnasts in reaching their full potential.
- To treat gymnasts equally.
- To develop a complete awareness of gymnastic fundamentals.
- To provide positive competition experiences for gymnasts in our programs.
The principle concern of the club is to develop the full inherent athletic, physical, and mental potential of each individual.
The club is dedicated to the development of young girls and boys, not only as masters of their discipline, but also as citizens who will assume leadership and will inspire others to reach the limits of individual potential.
All ability levels receive equal attention. An absolute beginner will get just as much out of training as a national competitor. Each level has its own emphasis. We do not feel that the goal of gymnastics is necessarily national level competition. Only a very few can attain that position. We feel that gymnastics has intrinsic values such as physical awareness, coordination, poise, sense of accomplishment and self-discipline, no matter what level a gymnast reaches!
Our program develops building blocks for life
- personal accomplishment
- positive environment
- spirit of community
- leadership skills
- culture of excellence
- team work
Gymnastics naturally develops
- self esteem